RFLINX OOK add-on board a.k.a. Wings¶
The wings board is an add-on board that can be stacked onto the FireFly Sensor Networking Platform. This board has two separate On/Off Key (OOK) radio modules: a transmitter and a receiver module.
Wing with external 433MHz antenna.
Wing with more compact SMD 433MHz chip antenna.
First version of the Wings board.
While it is impossible to effectively use the transmitter and the receiver at the same time, having two radio modules almost completely eliminates the time to switch between sending and receiving. In conjunction with the CC2420, the simplicity of OOK modulation, the increased range as well as lower power consumption (compared to the CC2420) makes this add-on ideal for innovative communication protocol design.
- [SA58643_1.pdf SA58642] Antenna Switch
- ENCH1 -> Port E.6
- [AD5204.pdf AD5204] Digital Potentiometer
- Shutdown -> Port F.4
- SDI -> Port F.7
- CLK -> Port F.6
- SDO -> Port B.5
- CSN -> Port F.1
- Channel 1 -> TX power control
- Channel 2 -> Port B.6 RSSI Threshold
- Channel 3 -> Port B.7 RSSI Threshold
- RXM-433-LR Linx RX module
- Data -> Port F.3
- RSSI -> Port F.2
- PDN -> Port F.4
- TXM-433-LR Linx TX module
- Data -> Port F.5